Friday, June 16, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Mixed Media Tag by Susanne



Hi my dear crafty friends.

Susanne here today and I've to share a step by step tutorial for this mixed media tag. I used the awesome Flutter Zen 2  die and cut the butterflies from a Distress Oxide background. Save 20% on your next order over at stamplorations.com with the code: "STAMPGIRLSUSANNE".


Start by adding Distress Oxide "Worn Lipstick" on one half of a kraft tag. Add water with a sprayer through a stencil. I used the "Pebble Waves".


The ink reacts with the water and creates a nice texture.


Add texture paste on the other half of the tag. I used the "Layered Petals" stenicl.


Cover it with Distress Oxide Walnut Stain and remove it from the textured parts with a wet baby wipe.


 Add some old book paper strips in the middle with Gel Medium. Create some texture with stamping a sentiment randomly on the pink side.


 Add some black colour with a Gelato.


Add some white splatters and shading with white liquid watercolour paint.


Finally cut two butterflies from a Distress Oxide background and adhere them to the tag. Add a sentiment.


Tip! When I add die cuts to a busy background I paint the cutting edges of the die cuts with a black marker. So they pop out more.

I hope you like my tag, thanks for stopping by today!
xx Susanne.

Supplies:
STAMPlorations:
Trendy Butterflies 2
ARTplorations:
Pebble Waves
Layered Petals 
CUTplorations:
Flutter Zen 2 
Others:
Distress Oxide Inks
Archival Ink Jet Black
Black Gelato
White Liquid Watercolour
Texture Paste

7 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)